Cleanrooms class 100.000 and research labs
Production facility in Freiburg, Germany
ChemCon facilitates two modern research laboratories for synthesis and process development as well as technical batches and fine chemicals. The lab is equipped with a reaction calorimeter.
Four cleanrooms class 100.000 are available for the production of APIs to current GMP guidelines. The labs are equipped with flexible, mobile production apparatuses on a project-by-project base.
Depending on the projects, we work with dedicated or multipurpose equipment. Dedicated equipment is particularly suitable for small-scale projects, while for larger batches, multipurpose equipment may be used. Exclusion of cross-contamination risks in case of multipurpose equipment is assured via comprehensive cleaning procedures and cleaning validation.
On a project-by-project base and together with the customer, we decide which strategy works best.
Batch reaction systems:
- Several pressure reactors 0.5 L / 100 bar to 400 L / 6 bar
- Several reactors up to 400 L
- Temperature range from –90 °C to +200 °C
- System for parallel synthesis (design of experiments)
- Reaction calorimeter: RC1 (determination of safety parameters for scale-up work)
Continuous reaction systems:
- Continuous reaction system (Micro Reactions System MMRS)
- Sedimentation: centrifuges
- Filtration: several filter presses, suction filters etc.
- Centrifugation: horizontal peeler centrifuge, filter centrifuge
- Sieving: sieves for different particle sizes
- Mixing: static mixers, dispersers
Thermic separation processes:
- Absorption: gas scrubber etc.
- Extraction: several liquid/liquid extractors
- Adsorption: activated carbon column (separation of impurities)
- Cristallization: batch processing and continuous
- Sublimation: sublimation reactor
- Drying: vacuum conical dryer, (vacuum)-drying cabinets, spray dryer, freeze dryer (lyophilizer)
- Chromatography: flash-chromatography and simulated moving bed (SMB) for continuous separation
- Distillation: several distillation apparatuses
Membrane separation processes:
- Pressure membrane process: reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, ultrafiltration
- Milling: mills (0.5-5 mm)
Not all equipment required for your process is listed? No problem! This is only a selection and project specific additions are always an option.
Some of the above-listed apparatuses are dedicated. We are happy to discuss the best choice of equipment for your project directly with you.